Shepherd and Elders
Rev. Jon Campbell
To guide the body of the church is the ultimate responsibility and at Immanuel Baptist we take that responsibility with the utmost respect. We also understand that to shepherd the flock you must also love the flock. We can't wait to welcome you into the fellowship at Immanuel.
This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. (Titus 1:5-9 ESV)
Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. (1 Timothy 3:8-12 ESV)
But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’ (Luke 10:33-35 ESV)
- To persistently pray that the church would grow in its love for one another and to show mercy towards one another and outsiders.
- To provide help for funerals (meals, food for families, flowers).
- To help organize meals for people in need.
- To oversee and organize events at the church that involve food.
- To ensure that there are adequate supplies in the church for the kitchen.
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. (Psalm 100 ESV)
- Help lead the team in persistent prayer for the church’s worship services and for the church to mature and grow in its worship of God
- Help teach and lead the church to learn the nature of true worship according to the Scriptures
- To proclaim and teach the power and glory of the gospel of the Triune God-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit through music and singing
- Have people lead up front who are currently living out a faithful testimony to Christ and the gospel
- Provide the church with the music and songs that are saturated with the truth of God’s Word and intentionally lead the church to know, love, praise, and obey God individually and corporately.
- Ensure that that there is adequate audio and visual equipment.
- Ensure that there are people able to run the Audio-Visual equipment as needed for the worship services.
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:14-15 ESV)
- Help lead the team and the church to persistently pray for the children of our church, their parents, and the members of the church as they help care for the children.
- To ensure that our children have curriculum that is Gospel-centered, Bible-saturated, and theologically strong (The Gospel Project, Children Desiring God, 9 Marks)
- To select and train teachers who can handle the Scriptures well, who will teach the Scriptures accurately and passionately, and who love children for God’s glory.
- To work with the parents to help them to fulfill their Biblical roles in the lives of their children.
- To provide children programs as it seems proper and helpful to the children, the parents, and the church including its purpose and vision.
- To oversee the nursery ministry and provide nursery for the church as needed. The nursery should have trustworthy workers and the environment should be safe for all children. There should be an intentional concern to help point these young ones to the Lord and to pray for them.
Video Slide Man
If You Can't Fix It... Beat It
Resident Software Updater
Push it, press it, turn it, click it. If it makes a beep or blinks we probably use it. Running audio and video in the service is our main gig but we're always interested in new ways to get the Word into more eyes and ears. We manage the Facebook page and the iblife.org website. We also upload all of the Sunday morning sermons to the site that gets pushed to the iTunes podcast store. If you haven't had a chance to listen to one yet we encourage you to turn it on while you jog or drive to your next destination.